Bbq Cooking Tips
- Ensure your BBQ hot plate or grill is hot before you put any meat on. Meat should sizzle & seal as soon as it is placed on the BBQ.
- Don’t turn steaks more than once during cooking. Place steak on hot BBQ; when beads of juice form on the uncooked side you will know it is ready to turn. Turn the steak and cook to your liking.
- Don’t cut a steak to see if it is cooked as you will lose the juices. Lightly press the surface of the steak with tongs – rare steak is soft to the touch; medium steak is firm to the touch; and well-done steak is very firm to the touch.
- Rest your meat for a few minutes after cooking to allow the juices to settle.
- Wooden skewers should be soaked in water overnight to minimize burning on the BBQ & metal skewers should be rubbed with oil prior to use to help prevent food from sticking to them.
Our spring BBQ Recipe
QUICK GARLIC PRAWNS
- 1kg king prawns
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
1. Peel and de-vein prawns but leave tail intact. Place in bowl.
2. Crush garlic cloves and mix with olive oil.
3. Toss prawns in garlic/oil mixture ensuring they are well coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Heat BBQ plate and cook prawns for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Just let us know if you would like a copy of any previous season’s recipes … they are all delicious!
- Home Made Beef Burgers
- Home Made Tomato Sauce
- Barbequed Whole Fish
- Lamb Cutlets with Rosemary
- Barbecued Whole Fish