Two women have suffered burns to their faces and a man’s hair was singed after a barbecue gas bottle exploded at a home in Melbourne’s south-east.
Paramedics were called to a house in Springvale South about 9.30am on Sunday after reports the gas bottle had burnt three people.
Ambulance Victoria spokesman Paul Bentley said a woman in her 30s suffered burns to her face and legs and another woman, in her 70s, had facial burns.
The women were taken to The Alfred hospital in a serious condition, he said.
The younger woman is in a critical but stable condition, while the older woman is stable, a spokeswoman from The Alfred hospital said.
A man in his 30s had his hair singed and was treated at the scene.
Sourced from theage.com.au
The CFA will declare a Total Fire Ban on days where the danger of fires occuring is high, when fire would spread rapidly and be difficult to control.
If a Total Fire Ban day has been declared you may not be able to use your BBQ. For general advice on Total Fire Ban days and to check if a Total Fire Ban has been declared in your district today go to www.cfa.vic.gov.au .